FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Monday, October 26, 2015
CONTACT: Sophia Taft, AGC of CA, (916) 371-2422, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sacramento (October 26, 2015 ) - Now in its 28th year, the AGC Awards Program honors the highest achievements of California’s construction firms and salutes their contributions to the construction industry. Winners include a range of projects consisting of hospitals, educational buildings, treatment plants, energy production facilities, roads and churches.
More than 300 people from top construction firms throughout the state gathered for AGC of California’s 2015 Awards Banquet on Saturday at the Omni Rancho Las Palmas to celebrate the companies and individuals who build California’s premier construction projects.
Entries are submitted from every area of general contracting building, heavy, civil and highway, design-build, and construction management projects in the categories of new and renovation. Winners are chosen by a contractor’s toughest critics - a group of peers - and judged on: meeting the challenge of a difficult job; excellence in project management; excellence in partnering; and the contractor’s contribution to the community.
View 2015 Constructor Award Winners:
View 2015 Excellence in Partnering Winners:
- Contribution to the Community – Stronghold Engineering, Inc. – Riverside
- Excellence in Project Management, Projects Over $10 Million – Unger Construction Company - Sacramento
- Meeting the Challenge of the Difficult Job
- Specialty Classification - Dynalectric, An EMCOR Company – Los Alamitos
- Heavy Engineering Classification – Flatiron West, Inc. –
- Building Classification – The Clark Construction Group – California, LP – Irvine
- Projects $10 Million or Below – Syblon Reid – Folsom
View 2015 Achievement Award Winners:
- Projects Over $50 Million – McCarthy Building Companies, Inc – Newport Beach
- Projects Under $50 Million – Myers & Sons Construction, LP – Sacramento
- Contractor Achievement Award – James Carter, MCM Construction, Inc.
- Specialty Contractor Achievement Award – Bob Cowan, Marina Landscape, Inc.
- Associate Achievement Award – Teri Jackson, Pinnacle Surety
- Construction Education Friend Award – Francois Jacobs, California Baptist University
Held in conjunction with AGC’s Annual Conference, winners of the 2015 Construction Safety Excellence Awards were announced at a special luncheon on Friday, October 24th to recognize those who excel at safety performance.
Joe Ontiveros of Shimmick Construction Co., Inc. was named AGC Safety Professional of the Year. Myers & Sons Construction, LP received several awards for their safety efforts in both individual and innovation categories. Additional awards were presented in multiple occupational categories, organized by of work hours and work completed the previous year. View this year’s Safety Excellence winners.
For more information on the finalists and winners of this year’s awards program, visit http://awards.agc-ca.org. Full coverage of these Award Programs will be featured in the upcoming January/February California Constructor magazine. Winning photos are available upon request.