[SACRAMENTO, California] - The Associated General Contractors of California (AGC) Annual Conference last week at the Portola Hotel in Monterey, CA, attracted more than 450 attendees, placing 2016’s Annual Conference the highest-attended in over a decade for the Association.
The Annual Conference spotlight on AGC’s Award Programs recognized several companies and individuals. The winners and finalists of these annual awards programs represent the companies and individuals who build California’s premier construction projects.
2016 Constructor Award Winners:
- Excellence in Project Management
- Projects $10 Million or Below – Armstrong Associates, Inc. – Santa Barbara
- Projects Over $10 Million – Herzog/Reyes, A Joint Venture – Long Beach
- Meeting the Challenge of the Difficult Job
- Specialty Classification – Underground Construction Company – Benicia
- Heavy Engineering Classification – Shimmick Construction Co., Inc. – Oakland
- Builder Classification – Hensel Phelps – San Jose
- Projects $10 Million or Below – Myers & Sons Construction, LP - Sacramento
2016 Excellence in Partnering Winners:
- Projects Over $50 Million – Herzog/Reyes, A Joint Venture – Long Beach
- Projects $50 Million or Below – Myers & Sons Construction, LP/Wadsworth, A Joint Venture – Sacramento
Among those honored at this year’s conference were four influential industry leaders who received a 2016 Achievement Award: James Troup, president, Monterey Mechanical Co.; Tom Brickley, president, Brickley Environmental, Inc.; Marjorie Del Toro, CEO, ehs International, Inc; and Alan Bond, AGC Student Chapter Advisor, CSU Chico – Construction Management Department.
Earlier in the week, the 2016 Building Futures Award Winners: Myers & Sons, Construction, LP; Pacific Coast Building Products; Brickley Environmental; and California Baptist University were all recognized for their outstanding contributions to support the AGC Construction Education Foundation programs and services.
The winners of the 2016 Construction Safety Excellence Awards were announced at a special luncheon on Friday, October 21st to recognize those who excel at safety performance. Awards were presented in multiple occupational categories, organized by number of work hours covered and work completed the previous year. Individual Safety Awards went to Paul Harlow, superintendent, Syblon Reid; and Cole Davis, safety director, Nova Group, Inc. was named AGC’s Safety Professional of the Year.
AGC of California congratulates all the winners and finalists who continue to build a better California. Full coverage of these Award Programs will be featured in the upcoming January/February California Constructor Magazine. Winning photos are available upon request.