AGC of California's advocacy efforts drive home the fundamental role that construction plays in the economy -- and the policy issues that must be addressed to ensure the industry continues to create jobs, drive economic growth and provide value for its members.
At AGC California, governmental affairs play a large role in our service to our members. We believe working with elected officials on industry issues is the key to success for the future of construction. Following are some of the main issues that our legislative team is actively working on
- Protect transportation funding: Funds for highway construction continues to be raided as a "quick fix" for legislators, as an industry we must protect these funds to ensure future transportation projects are not in jeopardy.
- Streamline environmental requirements for a reasonable and effective practice.
- Eliminate regulatory burdens in order to cut project costs and speed up construction schedules.
- Create a fair tax structure to not overburden business owners and stunt economic growth in California. One of the keys to this is a reduction in business property taxes.
- Renewable energy is the future for business in California and AGC CALIFORNIA is working ensure a smooth transition. At AGC California, we believe reasonable oversight and creating uniform city ordinances to expedite the application process will help to build California as a leader in renewable and sustainable energy practices.
Take Action Network
Info & Resources
Our members benefit from AGC California's active participation in the legislative process at the local, state and federal levels affecting economic and infrastructure development. AGC California originates and coordinates support for bills favorable to the industry, while also opposing unfavorable legislation. During legislative session, weekly updates on current legislation are sent to members through email alerts and updates to our website.